New Business Development Manager - Our ?Chief Entrepreneur?
As the New BizDev Manager, you will be leading our efforts in Portugal to create new business through Partnerships, Collaborations, Product Integrations, differentiated services, new businesses and building on the many exciting growth opportunities that are out there. At the same time, you are responsible for improving our product and customer experience together with the Central Product Teams. You will be part of the OLX management team and will be working super closely with Sales, Marketing, Strategy, and Customer Support as well as with central Product Teams in Poland and Germany. In short, you will be the entrepreneur of the team, understanding the customer, the market and building new opportunities from these insights.
...at OLX Group
At OLX Group, we have a clear ambition ? to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world?s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you?ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we?d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
We?re a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building classifieds marketplaces that are used by over 330 million people every month to buy and sell almost anything.
What will you be doing in this role?
- It will be a two-member team, you and our Product Marketing Manager (PMM) reporting to you. Our PMM, is responsible for product releases and feature roll-outs, bug escalations, gathering customer feedback and collaboration with our Product Managers in Berlin and Poznan.
- Next to this strong product component, you will develop partnerships, deals, services and new businesses to help to improve our customer experience as well as our platform growth. Examples are: integrating more bigger customers with our API, so they advertise with us more easily; finding better ways to monetize our huge dataset with advertising; improving the delivery service integration we currently have to make this a key part of our business; setting up other new services for our customers to help them be successful on our platform; building partnerships with other companies to grow our customer base and engagement; etc.
- Apart from the bigger projects on our roadmap, you will also start working on new ways to grow our business. The starting point will always be our customers and strategy, how can we make it safer, better, faster, nicer to use our platform and how can grow our business by developing partnerships, product integration, deals, services, new business lines, etc? These new projects start with a thorough understanding of customer needs and market opportunities. A strong analytical muscle is therefore required for this role.
- You will be connecting with a lot of stakeholders, both internal and external. There will be some travel within Portugal and to other European countries, mainly Germany and Poland. So, to be successful in this job, you are also a strong people?s person, a good listener, easily communicating and a star at getting people along on your ideas.
- In short, you are the Chief Entrepreneur of our team, the one who will help us to innovate our business, the one fast-forwarding us to our brightest future.
What we're looking for:
- Extremely opportunistic, entrepreneurial and creative mindset. Not afraid of the unknown and a healthy risk appetite. You can spot a great opportunity from miles away, are open-minded, like to engage with new people and don?t shy away from ?going out there? to listen to our customers
- A proven track record for building partnerships, new business lines and deal-closing that helped improve the customer experience as well as the company?s bottom line
- Strong affinity with product development, and translating customer needs into tangible ideas to improve our product experience
- Solid analytical skills, doing business cases, building excel models and making it presentable for both internal and external usage
- Strong ability to structure, prioritize and manage the opportunities, priorities and projects with internal and external stakeholders. You have experience with Project Management, Business Development and Strategy
- Someone with an analytical background, Masters or Bachelors degree
- Some years of experience at top-tier consulting firms or tech start-ups with proven successes would be nice. Or even better, you successfully build your own company and business :) In doing so you?ve gotten extremely good at validating ideas, interviewing customers, and building MVPs. You have experience using the well-known frameworks to address the growth opportunities
- Proficient in English and Portuguese is a must
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global Naspers Classifieds success, based in Lisbon
- Great place to learn and develop within fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in a diverse world of OLX and Naspers
- Fun and informal environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies
- You will have perks like company self-service, food supply, bonus system for good performance, and others
- An opportunity to create a lot of value within an established company that holds a leading position in the internet industry
- The chance to make a difference and improve the lives of millions of Portuguese by bringing them together for win-win exchanges
Why OLX Group?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!