BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone?s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with nearly 192.500 employees in 74 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal, has today more than 4000 employees in Portugal, and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country.
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations centre in Lisbon, with 235 positions, and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (GFS) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group?s financial management.
Within GFS, the Operational & Permanent Control (OPC) is responsible for the implementation of the operational risk and permanent control framework ensuring the internal control principles of the Group.
As Internal Control Trainee, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the mitigation of operational risks in GFS and participate in the implementation of the permanent control framework within this entity. The main missions of OPC are:
Model Business Processes in the modelling tool(ARIS) which compiles the processes, risks and associated controls
- Ensure the respect of Group procedures by implementing independent controls on the activities of operational stakeholders and identify the need for additional controls.
- Ensure the implementation of control plans, the respect for the control tests execution and monitor permanent control results.
- Identify incidents/failures and measure risks by collecting or creating operational risk incidents (historical and potential incidents)
- Challenge and monitor the implementation of action plans resulting from operational risk framework, permanent control system or audit and regulators recommendations.
- Design risk maps and analyse the need for adjustments in control plans.
- Launch risk assessments over existing and new processes.
- Develop and perform training or awareness sessions on risk an control framework.
- Periodically report to management the Operational Risk framework and Permanent Control system status.
University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Knowledge of Business Process modelling is a plus
- Analytical skills
- Organized and rigorous
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (B2 level CEFRL certificate minimum)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio)