Lead and develop purchasing strategies to leverage BW's relation with suppliers through Contracts, Services, Spares and Capital purchasing, maximize opportunities in order to optimize supplier performance, reduce total supply costs while striving to meet our expectations throughout the plant.
Ensure that planned deliveries of Services, Spares, Machines and Equipment meet the defined strategies, mitigating risks and protecting BW.
- Supervise, develop and guide buyers in the area of competence.
- Guide and manage the team in all commercial relations with Supply Base, including Procurement, Quotation Analysis, Negotiations, Supplier Selection, Supplier Definition, Managing Contracts and long-term agreements
- Ensure vendor compliance with BorgWarner terms and conditions and Contracts.
- In collaboration with the Supply Chain Manager and functional areas in the plant, negotiate commodity and contracts service prices and conditions of supply establishing long-term contracts.
- Support cost reduction projects. Identify the most competitive source of supply and decrease the number of active suppliers to a more manageable level.
- Have the ability to find the best suitable strategic supplier for the required service or equipment to support the operation.
- Analyze market forecasts and trends affecting commodity. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regional and global economic conditions and business situations that impact costs within assigned commodities and services.
- Conduct supplier business review meetings with the support of technical departments.
- Have the ability to manage suppliers to find out new solutions ? strategic partnership
- Create purchase orders and follow-up on processing to ensure material and equipment deadlines are met.
- Secure quality and delivery time of materials, equipment and services attending technical specification and drive supplier selection with support of technical departments .
- Bachelor´s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering required. Master´s degree highly desired.
- 3 plus years buyer?s experience, including negotiations, experience with contracts and general services, electricity, Gas will be of benefit
- Team leadership experience will be a benefit
- Industry knowledge preferred with equipment and machines acquisition and negotiation experience
- Experience in contracts analysis and conditions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Experience in SAP purchasing module strongly preferred. Experience with other software considered.
- Required fluent Portuguese and good written and verbal
- English communication skills, presentation skills and negotiation skills.
- Spanish communication skills, presentation skills and negotiation skills (valuable).