We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Costing Manager reports directly to the EIMEA and North America Costing Senior Manager and indirectly to the Global Costing Director.
This is a critical role in finance with responsibility and involvement across a broad range of financial and management areas. The primary objective of this position is to lead activities over reasonable and accurate product costs, in a timely and efficient manner. This position will be responsible for leading product costing activities and advancement of costing processes in coordination with the EIMEA and North America Costing Senior Manager. This position is an active contributor to the development of the day-to-day operations of the business. Specific activities include accounting, compliance and control, continuous process improvements, efficient and accurate transaction processing among others.
- Lead the team responsible for Cost accounting activities, including product cost development, routine costing month-end close activities, establishment of annual activity rates, assessment of over/under absorption, and including:
- Oversee routine cost accounting activities for month-end close, including cost run update/analysis, moving average review, and assessment of over/under absorption, and the resulting journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain the models that calculate the cost of products, including preparing or reviewing cost models on a monthly basis, updating cost models periodically to ensure costing accuracy, routinely reviewing inputs into costing models and developing and overseeing improvements to costing methods and practices.
- Work directly with EIMEA and North America Costing Senior Manager on process transition, improvement and globalization of costing activities.
- Work with business and operation partners to understand the impacts on costing for actual and historical results.
- Strategic costing advisor and owner of standard cost setting, approval and activity rates.
Routine Costing Activities:
- Monthly Period Close. Coach, train, manage, review and/or approve costing analysts in performing complex tasks accurately and efficiently in the monthly close process. Participate in processes as needed.
- Periodic Standard and Moving Average Cost Development. Coach, train, manage, review and/or approve, the development and streamlining of processes for the calculation of standard/Moving Average costs. Develop tools for analysis, review, and delivery of data for multiple plants.
- Inventory Counts. Partner with Operations to plan, coordinate, monitor and ensure execution of the physical counts at all required locations.
- Interaction with commercial business partners and commercial team to ensure proper costs are reflected on our management systems
Process Enhancement and Harmonization:
- Collaboratively drive, develop, and sustain standardized processes and best practices. Facilitate cross-pollination of best practices. Build and improve processes, training, and feedback to ensure data integrity and process effectiveness. Drive process improvements that are consistent with, US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley compliance and Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methods.
- Understand ERP system processes, capabilities, and limitations, and develop ERP processes that calculate, analyze, and ensure accuracy and completeness of data for Product Costs. Review and approve Material Price Variances, Monthly Cost Revaluation, Manufacturing Variances.
- Research underlying data in ERP system to understand processes and data. Seek to improve data integrity through working with plants to implement solutions to improve the accuracy of costs and variances.
- Sarbanes-Oxley. Ensure internal control environment, and practices are performed in compliance with requirements as prescribed in Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) management testing and monitoring processes.
- Liaise with external auditors and other professionals to ensure compliance with all matters relating to statutory and USGAAP requirements.
- Be a key player in the SAP implementation project. Gap determination, data gathering and configuration ensuring that business and statutory requirements are followed.
- Internal Management reporting data maintenance
- 5 years experience in Accounting, Cost Accounting is highly preferred
- Experience with process transition and transformation
- SAP Costing experience (FI/CO and MM). Familiar with relevant computer programs like Hyperion, Accpac, JDE is a plus.
- 4 Year College Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fluent in English ? both verbal and written
- Managerial supervision experience preferred
- Strong accounting skills (knowledge of complex accounts and detailed debits and credits)
- Very strong IT skills in Database Development and Design, Microsoft Access and Excel and/or other database query tools, and ad-hoc report development software skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment on a cross functional basis.
- Able to develop others and build a strong cohesive team
- Avid learner of new knowledge, technologies, and techniques to improve processes
- Strong adherence to ethical code of conduct
- Standard office position
- Medium frequency of travel to manufacturing facility environments
For additional information on H.B. Fuller or to apply on-line go to: http://www.hbfuller.com/
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.