OLX Group is looking for open-minded Legal Counsel to join our growing legal dream team!
As a member of our team, you will oversee the legal aspects of our business in Portugal. You will deal with a variety of legal topics from consulting our Client Service Department to providing a legal opinion in the field of product and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support Customer Operations including drafting and negotiation of commercial /advertisement agreements end-to-end in coordination with the relevant team and in cooperation with other legal functions and teams as needed;
- Give accurate and timely counsel to the local business in a variety of legal topics (e-commerce, personal data, labor law, corporate, taxation etc.);
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights;
- Providing advice and answers for the Client Service department with the requests requiring the involvement of legal counsel;
- Support local procurement in achieving back-to-back contracts with local suppliers and subcontractors, as needed;
- Defense our brand against online and offline violations;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues;
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsels, public authorities, NGOs etc.);
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and local authorities.
Qualifications and requirements
- Qualification: Qualified lawyer in European relevant jurisdiction;
- Previous working experience as a Legal Counsel or associate with +3 years, preferable in e-commerce, IT, TMT, online marketing, or related spheres;
- Previous experience of working with Portuguese clients will be considered an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of civil, corporate, IP law and procedures;
- Self-organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work with masses of information and to switch between different projects and areas of legal support;
- Languages: English and Portuguese
- Demonstrable excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills with strong commercial sense on risk & reward; detailed oriented combined with strategic advice mindset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, business oriented, can-do attitude, driven, committed.
What do we offer
- Interesting and challenging tasks;
- A friendly team that you can always count on;
- Working in a company with a truly international environment and value-based approach (we are part of the international Prosus|Naspers group);
- Official employment in accordance with the Labor Code of Portugal;
- Competitive and official wages according to the professional experience of the applicant;
- Medical insurance, life insurance, English courses, training, cool events, and much more interesting fringe benefits.
- A modern office in the city center ? nearby to Saldanha metro station (we are working remotely at the moment, until a change of epidemiological situation)
At OLX Group we have a clear ambition ? to shape the future of trade. We believe that there is a hidden value in everything and everyone. We wish to offer people the ability to unlock that value in their possessions and in themselves. We believe that by allowing goods to be given a new life by being sold on our trading platforms, or offering people the ability to offer their unique services on our platforms, benefits everyone - the seller, the buyer, the community, the environment (by promoting trade in 2nd hand goods), the small businesses and entrepreneurs. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world's leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you think you have entrepreneurial drive, and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, and you are inspired by what you think OLX Group could be, then we'd love to unlock your value.
We are powered by a diverse workforce (link here to D&I webpage) of 7,500+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We encourage all genders, backgrounds, and groups to be a part of OLX Group.