We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Finance Analyst - SGA reports directly the Finance Manager ? SG&A and supports H.B. Fuller?s annual financial planning, management reporting and review processes. This is accomplished by providing standardized management reporting tools/templates and performance indicators for the corporation. This position will have a key role in the annual planning and quarterly outlook processes and will help support global functional leaders in their financial understanding.
This position collaborates with the business financial analysis team and the business FP&A teams throughout the organization.
75% Financial Reporting, Forecasting and Analysis
- Support and enable the corporate financial planning and reporting process at H.B. Fuller including monthly forecasting, reporting and operating review processes along with the annual planning and strategy cycles.
- Prepare monthly functional reports to the respective functional owners and/or finance business partners to review and approve the variances and act as a finance business partner for those functions.
- Monitor ongoing results against expectations and prior year to ensure growth and alignment with the business strategy.
- Develop standardized management reporting, performance indicators and dashboards for the major functional areas in collaboration with the Finance Systems team.
- Provide monthly variance analysis and signals key messages from the data.
- Utilize, assist in development and administer advanced delivery tools for reporting and information.
25% Continuous Improvement
- Hold self and others accountable for forecast accuracy, continuous improvement and delivering results.
- Supports continuous improvement of budget and forecast processes to allow faster response and a deeper level of analysis.
- Suggests process improvement ideas to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve financial forecast quality, and enhance information provided to leadership for business decisions.
None ? influence of supporting services will be more prevalent in this role than direct supervisory responsibility. Strong collaboration between finance functions and business functions required.
- Bachelor?s degree in related area (Accounting, Finance, Business, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Experience in financial reporting, forecasting, and planning
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and commercial finance concepts.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, sound business judgment and support a collaborative working style.
- Possess excellent analytical skills to ensure accurate preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Experience in designing and implementing strong processes and systems in complex organizations with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Fluent in English.
- Multiple language skills desirable
DEMONSTRATES PROFICIENCY IN THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES
- Innovation leveraging possibility thinking in creating new value for customers
- Accountability Delivering excellence through personal motivation and engagement
- Performance Excellence Elevating the performance bar and delivering on commitments with high quality solutions
- Change and Risk Taking Working toward our future, altering the course as needed and balancing risks and rewards in making decisions
- Customer Focus Understanding customer needs and delivering superior solutions with passion
- Teamwork Encouraging collaboration, trust and cooperation among and within work groups