- City: Lisbon
Type of Contract:
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Business Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major End-to-End administrative processes as well as the Information Services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: Strategic agility & Customer centricity - Service excellence - Talents & innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
To support Company accounting manager by providing financial reports/services (balance sheets, cash flow and Profit and Loss statements, ?), compliant with legal and Group requirements, through standardized, automated and streamlined processes at best cost and for different countries (e.g. France,?)
Key Responsibilities are:
- Perform accounting operations on a day-to-day basis, according to Company Accounting Manager/Director and Audit needs and requests, respecting quality and timing, providing report and statistics, advice and solving technical problems in collaboration with other services support.
- From an issue, analyses issues to understand the root cause. Develop a new solution for remediation. Proposes and monitors the implementation.
- Prepare analytical review on account for CAM
- Answer external auditors requests
- May supervise a Team of Accountant Specialists
Education and Experience
- Education: University degree in accounting or finance
- Experience: 3-5 year experience in Accounting and SAP
- Education: University degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent by experience)
Experience: 1-3 year experience in Accounting and SAP
Solid knowledge of accounting practices, processes and tools
Having recourse to accounting principles is required
Accuracy and autonomy
Skills to plan and delegate tasks to others